DR VICTOR COUNTED
Victor Counted, Ph.D., Ph.D., is Associate Professor of Psychology in the School of Psychology and Counseling and Director of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at Regent University. He also leads the Abundant Life Flourishing Program at Regent University and is Faculty Affiliate of the Human Flourishing Program at Harvard University, and Fellow of the International Society for Science and Religion.
Vic has degrees in theology, philosophy, social sciences, and doctorates in health psychology and the psychology of religion. He is trained as a health psychologist, interdisciplinary social scientist, and practical theologian. He professionally works as a research psychologist, university professor, well-being scientist, public policy strategist, and minister.
Vic has published six books and over 50 peer-reviewed scientific and scholarly publications that examine and promote the science and practice of human flourishing/well-being grounded in everyday psychosocial and psychospiritual processes, and is committed to studying and promoting what makes communities flourish.
Vic is passionate about planting the seed of transformation in the hearts of people of all race, gender, and religion, and supporting, strengthening, and sustaining what makes communities flourish.
Ph.D. Health Psychology: Western Sydney University, Australia
Ph.D. Psychology of Religion: The University of Groningen, The Netherlands
MPhil. Social Science (Majors: Religion, Culture, Mental Health): Stellenbosch University, South Africa
B.A. (Hons) Theology: University of Nigeria Nsukka (West Africa Theological Seminary), Nigeria
- Director, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Regent University
- Associate Professor of Psychology, School of Psychology and Counselling, Regent University
- Core Analysis Writing Team, Global Flourishing Study
- Faculty Affiliate, Human Flourishing Program, Harvard University, MA
- Fellow, International Society for Science and Religion
- Place, Spirituality, and Well-being: A Global and Multidisciplinary Approach (Springer, in press).
- The Roots of Radicalization: Disrupted Attachment Systems and Displacement (Lexington Books, 2021)
- Place and Post-Pandemic Flourishing: Disruption, Adjustment, and Healthy Behaviors (Springer, 2021)
- The Psychology of Religion and Place: Emerging Perspectives (Palgrave Macmillan, 2019)
- Experiencing God in a Foreign Land: Theoretical and empirical explorations on the psychological links between religion and place among dispersed people (University of Groningen Press, 2019)
- From A Weakspot To A Hotshot: Life-changing insights on how to lead and live a complete life (Hubb Publishing, 2015)
ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH CAREER
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: MANAGEMENT, PUBLIC POLICY
INVITED TALKS AND LECTURES
MINISTRY (PASTORAL) EXPERIENCE
Dr Victor Counted is a seasoned educator and university professor with a passion to equip the next generation of leaders.
Dr Counted provides knowledge translation workshops and leadership training for community leaders & health professionals.
Dr Counted offers consulting services through Counted Solutions Pty Limited, a Sydney-based management and research firm.